Sheridan’s Psychology Pty Limited is a small, friendly practice located in Bella Vista near Castle Hill and Norwest. We are a team who continue to participate in professional development and training so that we stay current and progressive in providing quality, professional care to individuals and couples.
Qualifications & Experience
Sheridan is a registered Psychologist who has a BPsych (Hons), MBA and Grad Dip in Applied Psychology. She has many years experience working with adults with anxiety/depression, adjusting to stressors of life whether it be relationships, work, challenging family, growing older and/or changing circumstances. She has a particular interest in giving support, coping strategies to people who are going through changes and sees her role as one of empowerment.
Areas of Specialty
- Anxiety and Depression
- Trauma – Domestic Violence, Abuse, CSA survivors, Emotional/Mental abuse, PTSD
- Women’s concerns – self-esteem/low confidence, balance in work/life/family, menopause, life transitions and dealing with impact of changing hormones
- Work place issues – bullying, low job satisfaction, staff management, mediation
- Grief & Loss
- Sexuality – whether it be regarding coming of age/adulthood or in a same sex relationship
- Relationship issues – my focus is always to keep the relationship together if possible however, in some cases, this is not achievable. I then to look towards healthy co-parenting and separation and using mediation skills to plan/move forward for the couple
- Pain management – assisting in finding different ways to cope with pain
- DBT, CBT, Solution focused and Schema therapy – I see my role is to assist you in bringing my education and experience in working with you to find a different/better way
- Relationship counselling – improving communication, reviewing values, re-connecting, finding a different way to be together with life changes eg children, ageing, family pressures.
- Working with children – child assessment encompassing cognitive, behavioural and emotional functioning. Working with a child, offering a behaviour management program that aims to reduce children’s difficulties at home and in school.
Hours of Work
- Monday to Wednesday at Bella Vista
- Evening appointments available
- Monday afternoons and evenings and some Saturdays at St Ives
Contact number: 0405 291 696
Abby is a registered Provisional Psychologist who has completed her post graduate qualification in Psychology and is currently a member of the Australian Psychological Society. Abby has 4 years of experience working in the disability sector, mainly supporting children and adults with developmental disorders. Abby has completed an internship in organizational psychology and is a qualified ABA therapist. Abby is registered with NDIS and provides assessment and therapy for children, adolescents and adults with a variety of presentations including; anxiety, depression, emotional regulation training, behavior management, anger management, self-esteem issues, coping with grief and loss, communication skills and social skills training, vocational counselling etc.
Abby is passionate and committed to providing psychological intervention and assistance to clients to help improve their quality of life. Abby is companionate and non-judgmental in her approach and strives to create a comfortable and safe space for clients.
Areas of Specialty
- Psychometric Assessment: intelligence/cognitive, behavioral, diagnostic and vocational assessment.
- Vocational counselling: assistance with University applications, job applications, motivation in applying for work, interview techniques. Helping you find a career path and job options that you enjoy.
- EAP counselling: workplace issues including, bullying, low job satisfaction, staff management, mediation
- Anxiety and depression
- Grief and Loss
- Therapy intervention – identity exploration, anxiety/depression, self-esteem, stress management
- Working with children and young people – with the aim to assist in addressing behavioral issues, self-esteem issues, anger management and bullying.
- Working with young children and parents to help build up key developmental skills whilst incorporating mindfulness-based practices to assist parents in developing stronger attachment bonds
- Working with teenagers and young adults regarding social stress and how to balance family life/social life/work and study.
- Acceptance and Mindfulness – assisting clients in developing key skills to engage with daily life and assist in developing skills to enhance their abilities to detach from rumination and refocus.
- Utilization of evidence-based interventions (and adapted appropriately according to client presentation): Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Mindfulness – integrated CBT.
- Life coaching
Hours of Work
- Monday to Thursday: 5 – 8pm
- Friday and Saturday
Contact number: 0449 753 217