A vocational assessment is used to analyse an individual’s current skills and experience, set vocational goals and outline potential job options. The assessment takes into account the individual’s functional and work capacity and identifies transferable skills. It also includes an assessment of labour market information. The purpose of vocational assessment is to:
- plan a course of action
- enhance clients self-knowledge and vocational decision-making abilities
- predict realistic employment outcomes that result in successful client vocational training a choices.
Not all of us can be singers or dancers but we can still have a career which we enjoy and feel it fits with our interests and values.
The vocational assessment process has three levels:
- Level 1 – Screening/Needs Assessment
- Level 2 – Clinical or Exploratory
- Level 3 – Comprehensive Vocational Evaluation
A comprehensive report outlines the person’s vocational options, retraining needs and a labour market analysis. A vocational assessment can assist:
- Finding a career path, job options and course for a young person who is unsure of direction;
- Finding a different career path when an individual wants a change of direction, whether it be due to injury, burn out, wanting a new challenge or simply because the old job is just not a good fit any more;
- Careers – professional assessment and recommendations for people unsure of their next career move.
The fee is for a full vocational assessment is $650 includes a comprehensive report with two appointments.
We can also assist with job seeking motivation, resume development, applying for jobs, strategies to overcome nerves and practice/mock interview at $150 per hour
Call Ann 0411 096 014; Janja 0404 830 969; Natalie 0410 466 534